Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Whistlin' in the wind

As the past couple of posts have illustrated, I'm getting a bit tired of simply commenting on the absurdity around me, and have tried to address my frustration with the 'debate' by taking action - however ineffectual that action might be.

I suspect I know most of my loyal readers personally - I don't have many loyal readers. The folks I know
1) generally share my political views

BUT

2) are generally disdainful of my ineffectual attempts at influence
Most of 'em regard letter-writing and emailing as futile, foolish gestures. Can't say I can argue with 'em, BUT - writing letters & sending emails makes me feel better... and I can't help but believe that if more of us wrote letters, we just might get heard.

So: a challenge to my more cynical colleagues.
Even if you don't think it does any good, WRITE A LETTER to President Obama today! (You can copy/paste mine - below!)
... and: ask three of your friends to do the same.

Again - in my heart of hearts, I know this is foolish futility... BUT what if it isn't?
("Always say your prayers at night, because it might turn out that there IS a God!")

No comments:

Post a Comment