Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm prescient!

What got me started on the race thing was Rush's thwarted attempt to become part-owner of an NFL team.

Seems I was prescient:
Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.
By MARY FOSTER, Associated Press Writer
15 Oct 2009
NEW ORLEANS – A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.
Ah, yes - for the children's sake!

Correct me if I'm wrong: I believe anti-miscegenation laws were found unconstitutional by SCOTUS back in 1967 (Loving v. Virginia).
I guess Louisiana wasn't included in the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment