Sunday, December 9, 2007

one more thing I'd like to hear from Dem Presidential Candidates...

Early on in the debate season - perhaps last summer(?) - at least one Dem candidate made the point, "anyone on this stage would make a better President that any of the Republicans."

I'd like to see a return to this Democratic ecumenism, between the sniping.

Yes, I know each candidate wants to distinguish him/her-self from the rest, but still... in the end only one of 'em will be the nominee. Is it too much to ask that each one of 'em go out of his or her way to make it clear that ANY Democrat is preferable to ANY Republican?

It could be very simple. "Before responding to Congressman Kucinich's remarks, I'd like to make it clear that he would make a far better President than any of the Republican candidates. That said, let me emphasisze that I think I would make a better President than Congressman Kucinich, and this is why, getting back to his comments..."

No comments:

Post a Comment