Sunday, October 10, 2010

What's more enjoyable than national politics? [update]

... College football!

My college football team preferences have about as much success as my political preferences, but at least I understand the rules... and the rules are enforced!

... and tomorrow I get to watch professional football! The NFL!!!
Oh boy!
On the bright side, I have "skin in the game": I'm in a "loser's league".
Pick a team to lose. If my pick loses, I get to play again next week.
Last person standing wins the pot.
I've two picks left (I started out with 4): Tennessee & Tampa Bay.
As soon as I'm eliminated (I've lasted longer this year than previously), I'll lose all interest in NFL... well, except I'll keep on routing for whoever is playing Dallas.

update: my NFL season is now over - both my picks won!
... on the bright side, Tennessee beat Dallas in Dallas!

1 comment:

  1. If you play again in the future, you should always go with Buffalo.

    "When it absolutely, positively has to be a loss..."

    ReplyDelete