Monday, November 15, 2010

Security vs Privacy

Yes, please look at me naked!
Scanners and pat-downs upset airline passengers
For what it's worth: I believe that airline security, if properly enforced, was sufficient to prevent 9/11. Box-cutters were illegal BEFORE 9/11 - and routine security scans ought to have detected 'em!

The more invasive screenings to which we are now subjected are pointless.

Related: 'twasn't any "lack of information" that enabled 9/11, 'twas failure to correctly interpret available information.
"Connecting the dots" is a LOT easier with FEWER dots.
If your senses are overwhelmed by dots, you'll see nothing but dots.

... on the other hand: maybe there's $$$ to be made by me posting my 'full-body scan' images someplace on the web.
I doubt it.
(Those of you who've seen my body - clothed or naked - will understand my doubts.)

4 comments:

  1. Not sure about making money off our sadly ordinary naked scans - but there's plenty to be made off selling security paraphernalia. The pat-downs are just for kicks.
    We always had to have them in India and Nepal. Hell, those guys used the hand held scanner on the underwires in my brassiere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they make flying too much of a hassle then business class won't have to rub shoulders with the great unwashed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. check here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. guard protection company

    ReplyDelete