Saturday, September 13, 2008

... again from my very conservative friend (paraphrased)

A few months ago, during lunch conversation with my very conservative friend, politics raised its ugly head.
[note: my very conservative friend & I actually manage to conduct fairly civil political discussions - both of us are sufficiently cynical to allow this.]

... anyway... during the conversation I said something to the effect that McCain would be W's 3rd term. His response? (paraphrased, from memory):
"If I thought McCain would be four more years of Bush, I'd vote for him. But I think he'd be worse!
I mention this now only because this sentiment now aligns my very conservative friend with Paul Krugman!
"... the Obama campaign is wrong to suggest that a McCain-Palin administration would just be a continuation of Bush-Cheney. If the way John McCain and Sarah Palin are campaigning is any indication, it would be much, much worse."
[Blizzard of Lies, Paul Krugman, NYT, 12 Sep 2008]
I'll send my very conservative friend this thought via email as soon as this is posted!

Stop the madness!

1 comment:

  1. Just read that article, it was good.
    Smoke and mirrors, tell a lie often enough and the general population will eventually believe it. Albert Speir's ghost has helped steal two elections now maybe a third.

    ReplyDelete