Thursday, September 4, 2008

more reminders of a distant past...

McCain says knows how to capture bin Laden
"... I know how to do it and I'll do it."
At least some of my readers are old enough to recall Nixon's 1968 campaign promise that he had "secret plan" to end the war in Vietnam.
Turns out, the secret plan was to expand the war into Laos & Cambodia, and keep U.S. troops actively engaged for another 5 years... then to declare victory and walk away. (The distraction of Watergate left Nixon little time to pursue the war.)

Just out of curiosity: if McCain knows how to capture bin Laden, why hasn't he shared that information with the Administration? Seems to me that keeping this certain knowledge from our current leaders is tantamount to disloyalty... perhaps even to treason. [Okay - I'm getting carried away here... but still...]

Have a nice day.

p.s. I DON'T know how to capture bin Laden, but I'm pretty sure looking for him in Iraq is as pointless today as it was 5 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment