Thursday, September 30, 2010

... maybe I'm too pessimistic...

In response to previous post, one commenter suggested I've been too taken in by media narrative...
... and in a slightly different context, a correspondent has suggested that he is somewhat more optimistic than I, predicting that
1) most of the Tea Party candidates lose,
2) Dem’s remain in control of both houses,
3) all three of our current local NM congressmen remain
(My reply hinted that I was somewhat less sanguine than he, and suggested that I expected him to endorse existence of Santa Claus & the Easter Bunny... he didn't object.)

3 comments:

  1. I’m the optimistic source

    The root of rosy prediction was two fold
    - irritation with the coverage that a small, vocal, wacky minority receives
    - fear is an effective motivator which seems to be frequently and effectively applied by Republicans (god, gays, guns). Sometimes, I don’t give the Dem’s credit for either being stealthy or overly clever, but continuing to report that Tea Party is on the way to take over will probably motivate a fair number of moderates to get out and vote.

    I am hopeful that both Santa and the Easter Bunny will visit Russ’s house.

    Gary
    (I don't have any of the profile ID's listed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, now. All I said was that the media narrative was overblown and not nearly as "tha GOP iz gonna kick butt!!!!1!!!one!!" as they's apparently like to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, "they's" - I said "they's." And I meant it.

    Shut up.

    ReplyDelete