Saturday, January 16, 2016

Luck

I'm an agnostic.
For me, this means that the truth value of the proposition "God exists" is unknown and unknowable.

That said, I've found that the world makes a whole lot more sense if I choose to believe in Luck, Good, and Evil.
This will be a comment on Luck.

I have had my share of Luck.
I was born in the U.S.A. to middle-class, caring parents.
This was not my doing - it just happened.

No matter how screwed up the current American political system - and political class - seems to be...
... well, it's all relative.

I am not worried about religious fanatics knocking on my door, hauling me out, and beheading me.

I can go to the local market and buy pretty much whatever I feel like eating today.
If I don't feel like cooking - or if Melissa doesn't feel like cooking, which is more apt - I, we, can go to local restaurant and order pretty much whatever we want... and folks will serve us, clear the table, and wash the dishes!

Water-borne diseases? Not my worry.

My house is not being threatened by bombs.

There's very little chance the thought police will come to my home to arrest and imprison me.
(This will still be true even if Trump is elected President!)

I HAVE a home!

None of this is my doing.
I didn't earn it.
It's just Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment