Friday, March 25, 2016

"Existential threat"?

Okay - to be honest, I don't recall ANY candidate saying that IS/ISIL/ISIS poses an "existential threat" to the U.S. ... but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some GOP candidate has.
[If you've got the citation, please forward it to me!]

But - I'm betting that if any one of the GOP contenders were asked point-blank, "Is ISIS an existential threat to the U.S.?", that candidate would reply affirmatively.

How ought we respond to an "existential threat"?
Seems to me total mobilization is in order!
Deploying at least 1,000,000 troops.
Imposing severe restrictions on consumer consumption so's resources can be allocated to the WAR EFFORT.
Re-instituting the draft.
Committing the U.S. to a full-fledged military response... not just bombing or a few thousand extra troops, but a REAL war effort!

If IS/ISIL/ISIS is truly an existential threat, maybe we oughta treat it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment