Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out-of-season, pointless fun (no politics!)

For the past few years I have compiled opening-night souvenir booklets for several shows - both shows in which I've performed, and shows which I have supported.
For Musical Theatre Southwest's 2008 Christmas production, Scrooge - the Musical, I continued this tradition.
My single most fun discovery included in the Scrooge memento booklet was an ultra-condensed version of A Christmas Carol. Here 'tis:
Ebenezer Scrooge: Bah, humbug. You'll work thirty-eight hours on Christmas Day, keep the heat at five degrees, and like it.

Ghost of Jacob Marley: Ebenezer Scrooge, three ghosts of Christmas will come and tell you you're mean.

Three Ghosts of Christmas: You're mean.

Ebenezer Scrooge: At last, I have seen the light. Let's dance in the streets. Have some money.

The End
As advertised: out-of-season, pointless fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment