Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Starting my wish list

Some things I hope Obama does (in no particular order):
- kill missile defense program
- revisit Pentagon programs overall - let's not spend $600Bn/year for $200Bn/year "defense" value
- close Gitmo
- end warrantless wiretapping
- revisit FISA - weaken & make more transparent the FISA court; I'm less than happy that a secret star-chamber court even exists!!!
- repeal the so-called Patriot Act
- declare victory in Iraq (Wm. Kristol has!) and get out
- strengthen regulation of financial markets

I'm sure there's more to do, and I'm not sure that all items on this list are a top priority... but as noted below: the way to get good ideas is to generate lots of ideas & toss out the bad ones.

... and just for fun: what would it take to convince Obama to laugh out loud every time anyone suggests the sufficiency of market self-regulation?

No comments:

Post a Comment