Thursday, January 29, 2009

Value for money???

US may spend up to two trillion dlrs to save banks: report

I've argued before that spending $600Bn on Defense would be okay... IF we got $600Bn worth of defense!

I'm similarly inclined to be okay with $2Trillion to rescue the banks... IF we get $2Trillion worth of value.
The initial $350Bn bailout didn't seem to buy us much.
Will the $2Trillion be better spent???

I don't really know what "nationalization" means, but maybe we oughta be considering it if we're paying that much money.
I've no faith in the current crop of financial geniuses, I see no up-side to saving the banks' shareholders on my dime, the current boards seem about as interested in corporate governance as W and his Republican enablers were in Governing the Country.

What are we buying with $2,000,000,000,000???
$2,000,000,000,000 = 40,000,000 median-income households.

Never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment