Monday, April 13, 2009

Hallelujah!

This post'll be an olio (a good crossword word!)
o·li·o (noun; pl. o·li·os)
1. A heavily spiced stew of meat, vegetables, and chickpeas.
2.
a. A mixture or medley; a hodgepodge.
b. A collection of various artistic or literary works or musical pieces; a miscellany.
3. Vaudeville or musical entertainment presented between the acts of a burlesque or minstrel show.
I'm using "olio" in the sense of definition 2.b.

First: Hallelujah!... a pointless - but fun! - link:
Les Freres de St Francis de la Sissies — Hallelujah!
Now, wasn't that fun?

Second: Hallelujah!... I finished Mom's taxes... again.
After sending in her 1040 more than a month ago, she received TWO "revised" statements from one of her brokers!!! - the 2nd dated 3/31/09.
I view this tardiness as unconscionable.
She will be moving funds OUT of this broker within the week!

Third: Hallelujah!.
I finished OUR taxes.
I'm ambivalent about this.
I was rewarded for procrastination - putting it off till today, but discovering it took less that 4 hours (elapsed time... less than 3 hours actual time).
On the plus side: REFUNDS!!! - both state & federal. - the first time in recent memory.

As you may have gathered from the above, I've not yet looked at today's news.

[p.s. "Hallelujah" = "Hillel Yahweh" = "Praise the Lord"]

No comments:

Post a Comment