Wednesday, February 1, 2012

GOP: union-busters!

Indiana senate OKs anti-union "right-to-work" bill
By Susan Guyett | Reuters
1 Feb 2012
(Reuters) - The Indiana state Senate on Wednesday approved a bill that would allow workers at unionized businesses to avoid paying union dues, the last major legislative hurdle to making Indiana the first "right-to-work" state in the U.S. industrial heartland.
Full disclosure: I really don't understand the impact or meaning of "right to work" laws... but that won't stop me from offering my opinion. (When I was in maybe 5th- or 6th-grade in Tulsa, OK, one of the political hot-buttons was proposed "right-to-work" legislation. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now.)

BUT: I don't think the specifics of "right-to-work" legislation are really the point here.
I think this is just GOP flexing its muscle against LABOR! - in the name of pure, unbridled, predatory, free-market capitalism.
"Organized Labor": BAD!
"Rapacious Free-Market": GOOD!

... and what I find really odd is that the Tea Party crowd - to the extent that they really represent a grassroots movement - are HURT by this legislation! They vote against their own self-interest! Why???

Folks, WAKE UP! - the GOP does NOT have your best interests at heart (... well, unless you're among the top 1%-ers!).

No comments:

Post a Comment