Sunday, April 20, 2008

"It is finished."

At long last, I've finally completed my work on facsimie edition of Bella C. Landauer's Gilbert and Sullivan Influence on American Tradecards. I'm sending copy of finished product to N-Y Historical Society tomorrow for final approval.

Then... on to eBay! If I sell 3 I'll recoup all expenses.

Next: the much larger, "everthing you always wanted to know about G&S trade cards but were afraid to ask." On the plus side: the larger work will be standard 8.5x11.

The Landauer pamphlet is 5.5x8.5 - with verso/recto printing, this presented many challenges to a person with extremely limited spatial intelligence (me). To get it right I put together a mock-up, with cards & text paper-clipped to pages. Even now I don't understand some of the very weird alignments needed to make it work!

Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your project. I'm sure there are more than 3 G & S aficionados out there.

    ReplyDelete