Monday, April 14, 2008

this, that, and t'other

Ain't this blog ever updated???

Yeah, well... I've got all of a dozen readers, the advertisers aren't knocking down my virtual doors... deal with it!

Meanwhile: OSW's Tosca has ended. We had very good houses - both in size & in responsiveness - for all 4 shows. My wife is delighted it's over: I'll be home more!

Other folks (Atrios, Digby) are picking up on badness of torture. Loyal readers: you saw it here first!

Lots & lots of 'horse-race' commentary out there. Devoted readers will recall: I don't cover the horse race!

Atrios uses phrase, "The reverse Midas touch". Faithful readers may recall my query:
I've posed this question before. I'll pose it again: Is there a Greek mythological reference to something akin to the opposite of the Midas touch? Everything W touches turns to something really ugly - if there is an anti-Midas touch, W has it!
It's heartening to see mainstream blogger use the same mythological reference.

Wow! Did he really say that?
"I'm going to tell you something: That boy's finger does not need to be on the button."
[Rep. Geoff Davis, R-KY, referring to Sen. Obama (emphasis added)]
"BOY"??? 40 years after MLK's assassination. Wow!

What am I really working on? Two publications: facsimile edition of Bella C. Landauer's Gilbert and Sullivan Influence on Amerian Treadecards, and related, "Everything you always wanted to know about Gilbert & Sullivan Tradecards (but were afraid to ask)". Now have New-York Historical Society's permission to include the former as a chapter in the latter... in addition to permission to publish the former as a stand-alone pamphlet.

My lone commenter refers me to Americans United for Separation of Church and State. I think I'll look into this organization!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment