Monday, April 7, 2008

Light posting continues...

In addition to "Tosca" (2nd performance tomorrow, Tues, 8 Apr!), I've been devoting quite a bit of time to another hobby:
Gilbert & Sullivan tradecards.

Some time ago I received permission from the New-York Historical Society to produce a facsimile edition of a 1936 pamphlet in their possession: Gilbert and Sullivan Influence on American Tradecards, by Bella C. Landauer. Last week they asked to see a mock-up of the proposed facsimile edition. I spent a good deal of time over the weekend getting it just right.

Now, I'm assembling images of G&S tradecards from my collection to accompany the pamphlet. I've previously scanned most of the tradecards I plan to include, so most of the work is just working with MS Word.

Anyway - little time remains to chat about politics/war/economy or dump on W.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment