Thursday, May 21, 2009

Is it time to start recruiting a primary challenger?

I've remarked previously that I'd be happy to support a "Draft Rush" grassroots movement on the Right.

Today - with no tongue in cheek - I'm beginning to think it might be time to start looking for a primary challenger to President Obama in 2012. The relationship between Obama's campaign rhetoric and his actions as President seems as tenuous as was W's (recall, W's campaign-debate comment, "I would be very careful about using our troops as nation builders.")

Gitmo? - still open.
Military tribunals? - revived.
Torture? - no investigations (and just forget about prosecutions!)
Rule of law? - "state secrets" still being invoked.

Could the left mount a serious primary challenge to Obama in '12?
(Of course, I'm betting on Rush being the GOP nominee!)

p.s. I just received this email.
"Americans grew tired of being thought to be dumb by the rest of the world, so they went to the polls and removed all doubt."
Sadly, I'm more sympathetic towards the sentiment today than I would have been a week ago.

2 comments:

  1. If Obama's star falls as far as I think likely, there'll be no Dims trying to take his place. It'll go by default to whatsoever wacked-out cretins selected by the Bosses for the GOPuke ticket. If the economy gets any worse, one might expect a fundie/evangie outfit, like Palin/Huckabee...Jeb Bush (as I have been saying since 2006) is also a good chance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Americans grew tired of being thought to be dumb by the rest of the world, so they went to the polls and removed all doubt."

    Ouch! That hits the mark.

    ReplyDelete