Thursday, May 14, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Seems the euphoria regarding the Dow's recovery was a bit premature.
Sony reports $1B annual loss, first in 14 years

Retail sales dip raises worries about recovery

Oil falls to near $57 as US recovery hopes wane

Foreclosures hit a record high
Me? I'm hoping that the headlines reflecting real data - as opposed to Pollyanna's wishes - start to reflect real recovery pretty darn soon!

Again, I've two motives:
1) As a loyal U.S. citizen, I really do want to see my country prosper.
2) My evil, partisan doppelganger wants the economy in full recovery mode by mid-2010 to ensure another Dem thrashing of the "party of NO" Republicans. It'd be really nice if unemployment were on its way down - providing proof-positive that the stimulus really worked!

I can dream.

p.s. My eBay currency index now has that 499.99 GBP item going for $757.86. Recall, when I started paying attention - 16 March 2009 - this same 499.99 GBP item was going for about $695.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment