Thursday, August 20, 2009

possibly a pointless anecdote

I've got a backyard pond with about a dozen koi & goldfish & who knows how many mosquito fish (they are prolific breeders!) - water lilies, and a couple of 'stand up' aquatic plants.

I buy my pond supplies at a place called Quality Bait (4257 Isleta Blvd SW). It's a fascinating store on a couple of acres.
I'm not a fisherman, but I'd wager they have just about everything the angler might want.
They also sell feed, chickens, ducks, turkeys...
... and pond supplies - all sorts of aquatic plants, myriad variety of fish, turtles, crawdads.
It'd be a fun place to take the kids! (Duck ponds, geese wandering the premises... )

Anyway, the proprietor is a hard-core Fundie - lots and lots of signage regarding bringing Jesus into your life.

During a recent visit, I paid by credit card.
He complained about the new law that had forced him to spend a few hundred bucks on a new electronic card-reading machine.
I asked what the law was for.
Well - so's the electronic credit-card machine only printed out the last 4 digits of your credit card.

Then he conceded: "I'm not much for all these laws, but I guess we need 'em... and I like this one!"

Yep - even the wingers acknowledge that there really are some good laws! (So much for "Government is not the solution...")

No comments:

Post a Comment