Monday, February 25, 2008

Saluting the pros

How do the folks at C&L, Hullabaloo, Americablog, DailyKos, TPM, Think Progress, Eschaton, and others... do it? Seriously!

Reporting the madness day after day - I'm learning quickly that this is a very draining hobby.

The occasional absurdity is fun, but the daily repetition gets to be overwhelming. It's very difficult to maintain a state of outrage, even when the news continues to demand outrage.

What prompts this wonder & thanks for the pros?
Yesterday.
I just couldn't bring myself to post anything. I was exhausted. I retreated into the far more joyful production of an opening-night memento for an upcoming HRG&SP production of Patience.

There was sufficient absurdity to warrant comment, I just couldn't bring myself to deal with it.

So: My heartfelt thanks to the folks who do this day after day, week after week, month after month, and year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment