Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why can't I contact "Countdown"?

Time was I could send MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" email. I know this 'cuz I did, on more than one occasion.

Now I'd like to suggest something to the show, but find no contact info on the Countdown website. Sigh.

Denied that avenue - which may have had some effect - I'll use this blog as my not-so-effective outlet.

Tonight's show featured the segment, "Nexus of Politics and Terror", suggesting that W uses fear-mongering in response to inconvenient political news. Olbermann acknowledged that simply being able to juxtapose instances of "bad-political-news"-followed-by-"fear-mongering" really wasn't proof, but was only suggestive.

Putting my statistician hat on, I can suggest an analysis that would help establish that W's fear mongering is consistently used only as response to bad political news.

Keith picked several (a dozen?) instances in which bad political news was followed by W's fear mongering.

To make the case complete, show that fear mongering has almost never been used unless preceded by bad political news. It's called a "2x2 contingency table" - consult any intro stat text.

Ok - that's it.

1 comment:

  1. Why you can't contact Keith ( don't water board them ) Olbermann is because he want's no comments on his slanted left wing views. Who would want to contact this ass hole in the first place.

    JA

    ReplyDelete