Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fun headlines to juxtapose

McCain says Obama will 'say anything' to win
EXCLUSIVE: McCain lambastes Bush years
I believe it's Rachel Maddow who has pointed out the psychological meaning of "projection", and its relationship to McCain's campaign:
In psychology, psychological projection (or projection bias) is a defense mechanism in which one attributes one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or/and emotions to others.
[Wikipedia entry, Psychological projection]
And, yes... at some point I do intend to return to more relevant commentary!

In the meantime, in my unofficial role as advisor to the Obama campaign, I suggest the following use of McCain's own words:
Sen. McCain accuses me of 'saying anything to win'.

Meanwhile, while Sen. McCain has publicly bragged about supporting President Bush more than 90% of the time, today he decides it's time to lambaste the Bush years.

John, I'm proud of my record.
Why are you running away from yours?
Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment