Friday, October 17, 2008

All Shakespeare, all the time

Recall Antony's speech from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar:
"And Brutus is an honourable man."
I've referenced this previously, here, and here.

The point of this post? To emphasize the specific tactic I'd really like to see Sen. Obama and his campaign adopt in response to the slurs:
"Senator McCain's campaign insinuates that I am in league with terrorists.
And Senator McCain is an honourable man.

Senator McCain's campaign hints that I am un-American.
But Senator McCain is an honourable man.

Yes, Senator McCain's campaign has sunk to character assassination, knowing that they can't win on the issues...
And, sure, Senator McCain is an honourable man."
Yes, I've posted this before... but previously it was featured as a postscript.

Today, now, I'd like to emphasize this approach as a direct response to, for example, McCain's highly-publicized robocalls equating Sen. Obama with domestic terrorists.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment