Monday, October 20, 2008

On the campaign trail (2)

Back at Campaign Headquarters today - helping with a mailing.
I've probably mentioned this before:
there are 5 basic tasks associated with preparing a mailing:
stamp
address
fold
stuff
seal
Most of my day was spent on task #2: address.

Peel off pre-printed label; affix to envelope.

At one point I took a break, and contributed to task #3: fold!
Fold letter; insert contribution envelope.

There were 4-6 of us working on this. I arrived at about 11:30 a.m. and left at 4:30.
One fellow worked from 10 to 4.

We completed about 2/3 of a 1300-piece mailing.
Rumor was that others would be showing up after work to complete the project.

Tomorrow?
Back to Campaign Headquarters to work on two more mailings!
(Maybe I'll get to stuff!!!)

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment