Saturday, May 2, 2009

My letter to Condi

In its entirety:
Professor Condoleezza Rice
Hoover Institution
Stanford, California 94305-6010

Dear Dr. Rice:

During a now widely-publicized encounter with Stanford students on 27 April 2009, you suggested that al Qaeda poses a greater threat to the United States than did Nazi Germany, arguing that, “Nazi Germany never attacked the homeland of the United States.”

An identical argument suggests that al Qaeda poses a greater threat to the U.S. than did the Soviet Union. In fact, we were never in a shooting war with the Soviets, and they certainly did NOT attack our homeland.

Would you agree with this argument? I don’t mean to be flippant; I am simply trying to understand your argument regarding the threat posed by al Qaeda.

Sincerely,
I'll let you know if I get a reply.

note: my letters always include my full contact info - home address, home phone, email addy.

No comments:

Post a Comment