(1) We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama's "stimulus" bill;... well, at least that's the proposal being discussed by the GOP:
(2) We support market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run healthcare;
(3) We support market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;
(4) We support workers' right to secret ballot by opposing card check;
(5) We support legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;
(6) We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;
(7) We support containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat;
(8) We support retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;
(9) We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion;
(10) We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership.
Republicans considering ideological purity test for candidatesIt gets better.
Tues, 24 Nov 2009
Ten members of the Republican National Committee are proposing a resolution demanding candidates embrace at least eight of 10 conservative principles if they hope to receive financial support and an official endorsement from the RNC.
The second sentence reads:
The "Proposed RNC Resolution on Reagan's Unity Principle for Support of Candidates," is designed to force candidates to prove that they support "conservative principles" while opposing "Obama's socialist agenda," according to The New York Times' Caucus blog.Ah, yes - invoke St. Reagan - he who grew the National Debt from 33% of GDP to more than 50% of GDP!!!
A 1983 PBS series, Reilly: Ace of Spies, included the following outburst from Joseph Stalin, delivererd some years after Lenin's death, in response to a challenge from one of Lenin's loyal supporters to the effect that, "It's what Lenin wanted":
"How long will this country be run by a dead man?"How long will St. Reagan run the GOP???
Me? I'm hoping for a very long time!
... oh, and I also think the "ideological purity test" (aka, "Resolution on Reagan's Unity Principle for Support of Candidates") is a GREAT idea!
Maybe I'll write a letter to RNC chair Steele expressing my whole-hearted endorsement of Reagan's Unity Principle as a litmus test for all GOP candidates.