Sunday, November 1, 2009

Maybe next time?

After all the fuss, public health plan covers few
One of my occasional readers has noted that "politics is the art of the possible" (Otto Von Bismarck, remark, Aug. 11, 1867).
[No, Bismarck is NOT my reader; my reader only cited him!]

Perhaps the current watered-down version of public option from the House is the best we can expect today.

On the bright side, an occasional reader notes:
I don't know what kind of health care reform will come out of this session, but I strongly suspect it won't be much. There is, however a silver lining behind this very dark cloud. I am reminded of the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Don't be embarrassed if you've never heard of it, there really isn't a hell of a lot to remember about it; a mere pittance, really - a scrap of leftovers tossed out to "American Negros" (in the parlance of the age) in order to appease them. But it made the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - the one we remember - all-the-more easier seven years later.

We'll live to fight another day.

[Tom Degan's Daily Rant]
... an interesting analogy.
I think I'll hold onto it, in the spirit of "cooperate with the inevitable".

Still, I can hope that the noisy babble of morons and Luddites can be silenced, even today.

No comments:

Post a Comment