Saturday, March 6, 2010

P.T. Barnum was right...

"There's a sucker born every minute."
(Nevermind that Barnum probably didn't say it!)
Of the several articles reporting this story, this one has the best headline:
For self-styled psychic, SEC fraud suit came as a surprise
By Michael J. de la Merced
New York Times
Posted: 03/06/2010
He calls himself "America's Prophet," a psychic, trained by Nepalese monks in the art of time travel, who can foretell the future of the stock market.

But to the authorities, Sean David Morton is simply a fraud — and a really, really bad psychic.

In a case that seems ripped from the pages of the satirical newspaper The Onion, the Securities and Exchange Commission sued Morton for securities fraud on Thursday, claiming he swindled more than $6 million from investors by promising them "piles of money," along with spiritual happiness.
Note: I occasionally call attention to my psychic powers, and occasionally make economic/financial predictions... BUT: I don't charge for my services, and would encourage my readers to NEVER SEND ME $$$ to invest for them!!!

Me? - Before sending the psychic stock advisor any money, I'd ask myself, "If this guy can call the markets, why doesn't he just make himself fabulously wealthy without my money?"

No comments:

Post a Comment