Tuesday, February 9, 2016

General letter to all GOP candidates

Dear Senator/Governor/Wannabe:

You claim to be a Christian.

Have you even READ the Bible?

G-d is sometimes wrathful, but WE are always exhorted to be merciful and just.
Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him:
for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Exodus 23:21)

The Parable of the Unjust Judge
There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
(Luke 18:1-5)

Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.
(Leviticus 19:18)
Somehow I'm not getting this sense of justice & mercy from you... from ANY of you!

No - you fear not G-d, nor regard man...
... You are simply ignorant, arrogant and cruel!
(Good things come in 3s.)

No comments:

Post a Comment