Monday, August 11, 2008

"Did I see this connection in MSM?"

Regarding post, meanwhile, over there..., OneFly asks [personal communication, paraphrased]:
"Did you see this connection somewhere in MSM?"
Short answer: no.

Longer answer: I note that MSM's Iraq coverage is pretty much "in-the-moment" and context free. Historical context is almost entirely lacking, even though the history comprehends only six (6) years.

Sadly, I've read just about everything W & his minions have said about Iraq (much of it handily available on the White House website)... and I remember most of what I read.

One of the things al Qaeda in Albuquerque tries to bring to the table is this historical context. (I'm not alone in this - other progressive blogs frequently dredge up the not-so-distant past to remind readers what we were TOLD and compare/contrast with what's going on today.)

[note: I long ago stopped watching/listening to W, on Iraq or any other topic. I get physically ill when I see him on the tube. It's far easier to read the transcript.]

Stop the madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment