Saturday, August 23, 2008

so much for world news...

i've tuned to cnn/msnbc/hn several times over past couple of days, hoping to catch some world news.

no luck: it's all "Obama picks Biden!"

random thought: there's been a LOT of attention paid the upcoming Dem Convention, most along the lines of, "How much influence will the Clintons wield? How united will the Party be?"
I've seen zip, zero, nada regarding the Rep Convention & W's role. Will the Republicans embrace W? Denounce him? Treat him as in-bred cousin? No one seems to care.

Admission: I'm not a big fan of Prez Election Politics & Conventions... not recently, anyway. [Back in the day, every 4 yrs brought the opportunity to engulf myself in Prez Election Politics - I savored every word from all campaigns, and watched whatever Convention coverage was available. W killed this for me. When I followed Prez Election Politics, I found myself detesting both Major Party candidates by Nov, and happily pulled the lever for convenient third-party candidate. I can no longer afford this luxury. The result? I try to ignore Prez Election Politics, hoping to be able to pull the lever for Major Party candidate who isn't Republican come November!]

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment