Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ordinarily, I'd dismiss this...

Putin: US orchestrated conflict in Georgia

As noted in title, ordinarily I'd dismiss this as Russian posturing... but what catches my eye is this:
... a contention the White House dismissed as "patently false."
Yes, I'm to the point with W and his minions that, if they immediately and reflexively denounce an accusation as "patently false", I'm rather willing to give the accusation credence!

As one commenter has noted:
"Remember all those signing statements & presidential directives Bush signed over the last 8 years? --a few of them were about a NATIONAL EMERGENCY where Bush suspends the Constitution, declares martial law and suspends the elections. I think WAR with Russia would qualify. They didn't spend 8 years pulling all this off-the-radar stuff - creating an imperial presidency - just to walk away..."
Is it possible we goaded Georgia into South Ossetia?

With Cheney at the helm, I'm reluctant to dismiss this possibility out of hand!

... though it does seem rather far from November!

Stop the madness!

1 comment:

  1. All the leaders of Georgia were out of the country and on vacation when Russia attacked. Russia claimed Georgia invaded the two break away areas as an excuse. They just chose a very convenient time to grab land back.

    ReplyDelete