Sunday, August 31, 2008

"They made me do it!" (directed at myself!)

A number of family, friends, & acquaintances, aware of my volunteer activities for NM1, have asked me what I think of McCain's VP choice. The assumption is that since I'm involved in a local Congressional campaign I naturally pay attention to Prez Politics.

Truth is, till just a few minutes ago, I'd paid no attention to McCain's VP choice. A fellow Heinrich volunteer brought it up in conversation Friday, when we were putting address labels on envelopes. That was the extent of my knowledge.

Now? I've hit the news sites & progressive blogs, and find it difficult to avoid learning something about Gov. Palin (R-AK).
Pro-Life
Thinks creationism oughta be a debate option in public school science classes
Being Gov of Alaska - closest state to Russia - gives her foreign-policy cred
Currently embroiled in abuse-of-power scandal
My impression? She'll be a wonderful help to McCain in getting the hard-core conservative base out to vote... all 30% of 'em. Seems to me that leaves 70% of the electorate for the Major Party Candidate Who Isn't McCain.

Good choice, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment