Monday, March 31, 2008

A cynical prediction

Last week I noted that
Iran could do more to help end violence in Iraq, the US military said on Wednesday, calling on Tehran to use its influence to help end lawlessness in the southern city of Basra.
[Wish we could make up our mind, AQA, 27 March]
Well, guess what?

Al Sadr's latest call for the Mahdi Army to lay low was apparently brokered by Iran.

My cynical prediction:
W's Administration and the U.S. military in Iraq will now use Iran's "interference" in Iraq as justification for demonizing Iran and promoting military action against the Tehran regime.
I could be wrong, but I'm willing to stand by my predicition.

I will acknowledge my error if anti-Iran rhetoric based on recent intervention is not forthcoming within - what's a reasonable timeframe? - two weeks? one month?
I'll give 'em - W and his minions - 3 weeks. If no bellicosity directed towards Iran for interfering in Iraq within that span, I'll apologize.

Stop the madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment