Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Democratic Debate: live-blogging! [updated with correct quotation]

[this space intentionally left blank]

... well, not quite.

I do, in fact, have the TV tuned the debate... but it's on 'mute', and I'm in another room, listening to Gaelic Storm and The Chieftains.

Before muting the TV, I did catch Hillary saying something like, "We are all members of the Democratic family." I don't know what the question was, but must say I'm delighted to hear the sentiment.

I hope the other candidates echoed her!

What I want to hear (but won't, 'cuz I'm not listening!): "Any one of us would make a better President than any of the Republicans!"... Hillary's comment, heard in passing, comes pretty darn close to this.

[update, 16 Jan 2008] What did Sen Clinton actually say?
Here's the quotation from NYT transcript:
... And we're all family in the Democratic Party. We are so different from the Republicans on all of these issues, in every way that affects the future of the people that we care so much about.
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment