Sunday, January 27, 2008

NM-1 & a good framing of issues

I'll admit to being more than just a bit confused by NM's primary schedule. The Dems are caucusing on Super Tuesday.

... but that's not the point of this post.

There are two Democratic candidates for New Mexico's First Congressional District (NM-1) who seem to be plausible:
- Martin Heinrich, current Albuquerque City Council member;
- Michelle Lujan Grisham, currently Secretary of NM Dept of Health.
[Full disclosure: I've sent $ to both (but more to Heinrich).]

Okay, that's nice... but that's not the point of this post, either.

Okay, so what is the point?

From Grisham's campaign website, issues page:
Economic Security, Energy and the Environment:
Our economic security is inextricably intertwined with our energy policy and preservation of the environment.
This is a simple, straight-forward framing of the issues that explicitly recognizes the inter-connectedness of the political choices involved. I recommend this framing to all Democratic candidates for Federal office!

(aside: I remembered this framing from my first visit to Grisham's website, almost a month ago - it's been on my mind ever since - this memorability suggests it may resonate with others!)

[note: I'll not publicly take a stand for one or the other, Grisham or Heinrich (not yet, at least) - either would be a far better choice than any Rebpublican!]

[final aside: when the Dem candidate for NM-1 has been determined, two things will happen:
1. I'll work actively on the campaign.
2. I'll devote more than just a little space on this blog to the campaign.
Till then I'll try not to take sides in the Democratic contest for NM-1... at least not publicly. Again - either of the two current plausible candidates would be far better than any Republican opponent!...
Full disclosure: I actively support Udall for the Senate seat vacated by Domenici!]

No comments:

Post a Comment