Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The "Shaggy" defense

No - I'd not heard of this till tonight, from Chris Hayes subbing for Rachel... but still...
"I just work here!"
Tell me again, what exactly was Mr. Fuld's job?
... and WHY was he getting paid many millions of dollars???

[For those of you old enough to remember the TV series Hogan's Heroes, I'll call this the "Sgt. Schultz defense":
"I SEE NOTHING, NOTHING!"
For what it's worth, this defense was pioneered by Ken Lay, Enron's CEO.]
Yes, this is shameless reposting...

Forget Fuld.
Today it was BP's CEO, Lamar McKay, blaming TransOcean.
TransOcean's CEO, Steven Newman, blaming BP & Halliburton.
... and Halliburton's president, Tim Probert, blaming BP.

Tell me again: why do these titans get to take credit for success but not for failure???

"I SEE NOTHING, NOTHING!"

No comments:

Post a Comment