Thursday, May 27, 2010

Virtual relationships

Since the advent of easy email, I've been continually amazed at the responsiveness of total strangers to requests for information.
When I want to find best source of info I not infrequently try to find some academic expert, and ask her or him for advice - and folks almost always reply!
(Sorting thru tons of Google results can be daunting, and if I really don't know anything - a frequent occurence - I've not the ability to separate wheat from chaff.)

Occasionally these brief interactions - or ones like them - develop into protracted exchanges, lasting years.

Every once in a while I get to meet these folks in person - always a delight!
Most of the time the relationship remains 'virtual'.

Just a couple of folks with some - usually limited - common interest... and some time on their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment