Wednesday, May 19, 2010

the 20% opposition

Following yesterday's KY GOP primary results I wrote that I took Rand Paul's victory as a good sign - that his Senate candidacy would drive away sane Republicans (perhaps mythical creatures), and alienate independents.

Upon reflection?... well, I've no good reason to change this assessment.
In fact, I'm hoping that Palin will make many, many trips to Kentucky in support of Rand Paul.
I figure that a candidate who bases his campaign on an appeal to 20% of the electorate doesn't have a chance in November.

No - sane Republicans aren't going to vote for the Democratic candidate.
They'll stay home.

Again: a Republican candidate that bases his campaign on an appeal to 20% of the electorate can only be good news for Dems!

No comments:

Post a Comment