Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nat'l news with a local twist

Nat'l economic news:
GM, Chrysler seek billions more, to cut more jobs
Local twist (from KOB TV, Albuquerque, NM):
Zangara Dodge dealership closes
Posted at: 02/17/2009 5:58 PM
Zangara Dodge in Albuquerque appears to be latest victim of the country's deepening financial crisis.
...
Owner Ken Zangara said last week that he was trying to sell the dealership because sales were down 50 percent.

Zangara Dodge opened 18 years ago.
Not being particularly observant, I'd noticed few local signs of the impending disaster - this is my first.

[helpful hint: stock up on rice & beans!]

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to post about my nightmare experience with Ken Zangara over twenty years ago. My blood still boils thinking about it. Couldn't have happened to a nicer crook (convicted at that).

    ReplyDelete