Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quoting Joseph Goebbels - to advance my own agenda!

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Minister of Propaganda
The Republicans have been using this advice to their advantage for a very long time.
I figure it's time those of us on the other side paid some attention to the advice... No, not to get our own lies accepted, but to promote the truth.

Back on Nov 8, 2008 I noted then SecTreas Paulson's remarks before the House Financial Services Committee (also published in a New York Times Op-Ed):
"There is no playbook for responding to turmoil we have never faced."
In a postscript to this post, I offered the following advice to SecTreas Paulson:
SecTreas Paulson, not that it's my place to tell you your job, but: isn't it a reasonable expectation that your top priority over the past 2 months ought to have been drafting a playbook???
Since then I've frequently called upon our new Treasury Secretary, Timothy Geithner, to draft a playbook before using any more TARP funds.

I've written several posts on this subject. I've written my Rep & Sens. I've written (Dem) Chair of the House Financial Services Committee, Barney Frank. I've even sent a letter to SecTreas Geithner.
My single request?
Draft a Playbook!!!
I learned tonight that I'm not alone.

On tonight's Countdown with Keith Olbermann, Nobel Laureate Dr. Paul Krugman expressed his frustration that SecTreas Geithner has yet to publish a clear plan for rescuing our financial system.
[I'll get the transcript when it becomes available.]

Dear Readers: Please help me!
Perhaps if we repeat this request often enough, someone will listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment